Hey everyone! How's it going?
The new version is finally here! I focused on adding some progression to the café job so you can earn more money, plus some random events here and there to progress with the landlady, a couple of museum events, and some random encounters when entering the café and the supermarket.
I also finally managed to get the stats showing up on the side menu! I had to review all the events that modified stats because they kept breaking it, but it's working now.
Answering some of your questions:
- 1. Roommates' progression: This is moving super slowly right now because I'm focusing on the landlady's progression up until version 1.14. However, I plan to shift focus to the roommates from version 1.17 onwards. So, if you're particularly interested in any of them, I'd suggest jumping in around versions 1.20 to 1.25.
-
2. Game mechanics: You guys have been asking for a lot of mechanics that, unfortunately, I won't be able to pull off. Due to my lack of experience, I didn't plan for them when I first created the game, and trying to add them now is impossible because of all the spaghetti code I'm dealing with. I'm really sorry about this! But if I ever make a second game in the future, I'll definitely keep them in mind.
Mechanics I won't be able to implement:- Time travel / going back in time.
- Time skips longer than 23 hours.
- Character customization.
- A quest system.
- 3. Update sizes: I'd love for the updates to be bigger, but as I mentioned in one of the first updates, I work on this project on Sundays during my free time. Thanks to the support from my Patrons, though, I'm averaging an update every 25 days instead of every 30. The updates are designed so I can ideally finish them in 7 days, and with Patreon support, I can spend less time out delivering food on my bike and more time working on the project. I also planned it this way just in case I didn't get any support (since this is my first game, my expectations were really low), so I could still update it once a month without abandoning it. Long story short, whether I eventually manage to update the game every 7 days or, worst-case scenario, only every 30 days, I really hope to finish it so lots of people can enjoy it.
- 4. Cheats: I'll be releasing cheats in version 1.10. My idea is to implement them as if they were events, thinking that maybe in the future I can tie some stories to them. However, since you guys pointed out that making money is pretty tough right now, I increased the starting cash to smooth things over until the cheats are ready. That way, everyone can decide how much money they want to play with without having to grind.
As with every update, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone supporting me—whether that's on Patreon, by playing the game, or by sending good vibes and feedback to help improve it. You guys are the best, thank you!